Google Workspace Exim SMTP Relay Service
Google Workspace Exim SMTP Relay Service is a powerful tool that allows you to send emails through an SMTP mail relay service provided by Google. This service enables you to send messages efficiently and securely, ensuring that your emails reach their intended recipients without any issues. In this article, we will explore how to set up and optimize the G Suite SMTP relay service on DirectAdmin, a popular hosting control panel.
Set up G Suite SMTP Relay service on DirectAdmin
Configuring the G Suite SMTP relay service on DirectAdmin requires a few adjustments in both the G Suite Admin console and the Exim configuration. By following these steps, you can ensure that all outgoing mail traffic from DirectAdmin runs smoothly through the G Suite SMTP Relay.
1. Set up allowed senders
The first step is to specify the allowed senders for your domain, granting permission for any domain name to utilize the G Suite SMTP Relay. This ensures that you have the flexibility to send emails from various addresses without any restrictions. To set up allowed senders:
- Access the G Suite Admin console and navigate to the “Apps” section.
- Select “Google Workspace” and then choose “Gmail”.
- Click on “Advanced settings” and scroll down to find the “SMTP relay service” section.
- Under “Allowed senders”, click on “Add another” and enter the domain name you want to allow.
- Save the changes to apply the allowed sender’s configuration.
2. Adjust Exim configuration
Next, we need to make some modifications to the Exim configuration file to ensure that outgoing mail traffic is routed through the G Suite SMTP Relay. Follow these steps to adjust the Exim configuration:
- Access your server’s Exim configuration file (usually located at
- Open the file using a text editor and locate the section that begins with
- Add the following lines after the
send_via_gmail: driver = manualroute domains = ! +local_domains transport = gmail_smtp route_list = * smtp-relay.gmail.com sub.domain.com. CNAMEanothersite.com.
- After the next line, add the section that begins with
- Add the following lines to the
gmail_smtp: driver = smtp postage = 587 hosts_require_auth = $host_address hosts_require_tls = $host_address
- After the following line, add the section that begins with
- Add the following lines to the
gmail_login: driver = plaintext public_name = LOGIN client_send = : [email protected] : password
Make sure to replace
sub.domain.com with your actual domain name and
[email protected] with your G Suite email address. Additionally, replace
password with your G Suite email password.
Save the changes to the Exim configuration file and restart the Exim service to apply the modifications. Once completed, all outgoing mail traffic from DirectAdmin will be routed through the G Suite SMTP Relay, ensuring enhanced security and reliable delivery.
By setting up the G Suite SMTP relay service on DirectAdmin, you can leverage the advanced spam and virus filtering capabilities of Google’s Gmail server, ensuring that your outgoing emails are protected and delivered successfully. This integration between DirectAdmin and G Suite empowers you to streamline your email communication and enhance the overall efficiency of your business.
Take advantage of the Google Workspace Exim SMTP Relay Service today and experience the benefits of reliable and secure email delivery.